Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Illustrator CS4 saves 2 version of EPS...Why?

Hi Everyone!

Are you sick of the winter weather and snow yet?

I am ready for spring!

Since we have been getting files from CS4 Illustrator, I have noticed

customers sending duplicates of the same file. I wasn't sure what was

going on until I saved my own illustrator file, here is what I end up:

two of the same resulting .eps files, one with the name I saved

it to, and the other with "the name-01".

So I went online to find out why that happens, I went to the Adobe

website to get the answer:

Uncheck the "Use Artboard" option in the save as EPS dialog. When

it's check, and the "All" ratio is check this will give you one EPS

containing everything in your document AND one for each artboard.

That why even if you have only one artboard in your situation you

get two eps.

The guy on Adobe goes to explain this:

One advantage or enabling the "Use Artboard" in this dialog even if

you only have one artboard is that Illustrator will create a clipping of

your art to the size of the Artboard itself, so you won't have to worry

about the objects that are outside the artboard. In this scenario, what

you need to do, is enable "Use Artboard" but uncheck the "all" ratio

and enter 1 in the Range field.

This is great information for you if you want to save 1 file only.

Hope this helps to explain the new weird function Adobe Illustrator

CS4 does.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well..
    adobe illustrator courses

    ReplyDelete