Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Importing Graphics in Indesign CS4 Problems

Happy Wednesday!

I have noticed since working with Indesign CS4 that when I go to import a link into a graphics box that I draw in Indesign, the size of the imported graphics changes percentages.

It is crazy, thank goodness I caught it before sending a job to proofing. I checked it out and it is a new feature that automatically fits the image inside the graphics box. If you go to the Windows tab at the top: select Object styles: there should be 3 different ones inside the Object Styles Panel.

Make sure to select none, then draw your box. This way when you go to import the links it will not resize. If you don't select that, Indesign will automatically resize either up or down and scale the image you try to place in the Indesign document.

I am not really sure I like the new automated feature. It actually creates more work on my part when I try to import a link in. Let me know what you think of this new feature and also any other weird problems you may be having with the new Indesign CS4.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment