Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Creating a Pantone Spot Color Gradient in Illustrator

Start a new document in Illustrator. For an example I am going to draw a circle in the middle of the page. Next go to Window: Swatch Libraries: Color Books: Pantone Solid Coated. Next pick the pantone spot color you would like to use. I chose Pantone Purple C.



Next choose Window: Gradient, now the Gradient palette comes up. Since I have selected pantone purple and it shows in my swatches palette. I will drag the purple to the black side of the gradient palette as shown below:


Now you have a Pantone gradient and you can select Radial to change the shape of the gradient.


Now you have a circle gradient. Hope this helps understand how to create a pantone spot gradient in Illustrator! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment