Tuesday, December 1, 2009

How to change a cmyk color to pms in Rampage

Good Morning all!

If you use Rampage as a ripping program for your prepress department, here is a trick to use if you receive a pdf with cmyk type or photos in it.

First if I am trying to get around the cmyk document: for example the file came in as a pdf and size is 8.5 by 11. I set up a document in Indesign and import the pdf into the document and select paper from the color palette for the background of the pdf.

After that I select the pms color I want to use like 185 red. I draw a box on top of the pdf in Indesign and put pms 185 in the fill color of the box. Then I send it to the back of the pdf. You will not be able to see the 185 color behind the pdf.

Next I save the document out as an eps file and go to rip in Rampage. The pms will show up under the edit colors section, I then map the Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black color to PMS 185 Red. WooHoo now I have a PMS 185 document for printing.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment