Wednesday, October 14, 2009

FOLLOW-UP TO MY EMAIL HIJACKER

Good Morning,

Well on Monday evening I received an email message from hotmail verifying me as the account holder. They then froze the account until I was able to change the password.

When I finally got into my account, I realized that the hijacker probably got my SS#, we will know soon. They erased my entire contact list, not sure why? I guess that was after they started emailing back and forth with friends and family. They also deleted all messages in the inbox, especially the ones they wrote back and forth. But the good thing was they didn't delete them out of the deleted folder.

I was able to go to each email sent from the Hijacker and get IP addresses. Weird thing is they were all different each time the email was sent from a different computer. Then I went to search for a reverse IP look-up. Okay to make a long story short, the IP addresses were all owned by a man and woman in Nigeria. It gave address, phone number, email address, etc. It even gave a satellite photo of the area the ip address was at. Crazy hu? Some of the IP addresses were located in Nigeria some in Dallas Texas but all owned by the same people.

So what can I do with this information? Well first I complained to the Internet Crime folks, but now I can give them a list of the IP addresses, and since this person god only knows where, at least they can check up on the scammer and hopefully prevent this person from doing it to other people.

So I have had a headache trying to change email addresses, passwords visit banks, etc. Just in case the hacker tries to use the Identity stuff he got off my email. What a nightmare.... Be careful out there on the world wide web.

When I looked on the Internet for the guys name I found out he is on Facebook, Linked-In, has a blog on this blogger site, he is a computer genius and has a bachelor in Science computer degree and writes articles, but this could be someone else stealing his Identity or a ring of people working together to scam others. I have learned some valuable lessons.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment